Tuesday 22 June 2010

Beach Road Maintenance update Tuesday 22nd June 2010

I decided to put an hour of work into the road this evening after I finished my day job - and tackled some of the lumpy hardcore that was donated on Sunday. Most of the garage brickwork that was provided and roughly put down was ok, but just not quite fitting the dips right - as you can see from the picture.

So it just needed a little care and attention from someone like me to put right! - My obsessive compulsive nature enjoyed repositioning the bricks and half-bricks to fill holes - rather like doing a rough 3D jigsaw puzzle. I've found this work with brick hardcore is best done with a wheelbarrow and heavy duty gloves - literally on your hands and knees and selecting the right bricks to fit the relevant shaped holes. The shovel is only any good for loose smaller material.

I got through half of the rough piles, levelling it pretty well - the remaining amount up near the sewage farm still needs doing though (perhaps tomorrow night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment