Thursday 9 September 2010

Very High Tide across Beach Road & Ray Creek!

My Stepdad today noticed how high the tide was at midday today while walking his dog - for a Lee-Over-Sands resident like me who lives behind the sea-wall and not owning a dog to walk regularly has meant that I've always been blissfully unaware of how high the tide gets sometimes across the "other side" of our sea-defences.

I was pretty amazed at what I saw... The creek had vanished.... and the sea was at the foot of the sea-wall height, approx 2-3 metres from the top.




Amazing stuff - and for residents of Wall Street who would be otherwise under water, as you can clearly see from the picture below...


you can see the difference in height between properties on the Beach Road side compared to Wall Street...




...Its good to see the seawall is doing its thing - well - it will until 2050 apparently, which is when all maintenance of the sea-defences will be cancelled!

No comments:

Post a Comment