Friday 19 August 2011

Lee-Over-Sands - Wall Street Water Supply consultations in progress

Guy Smith met with me today in response to my suggestion in an email today that further to his recent offer letters the best way for all parties to agree and solve the current impasse.

This was prompted by concerns over a constantly changing set of circumstances and different verbal promises which seemed now to be in question by some residents and at odds with written facts in his letters.

Despite some odd leverage tactics on his part which were totally uneccessary given our dismay at the ongoing grief and stress we're all facing in relation to this, and our joint frustrations, I remained unmoved and proposed that the best way forward to give us and Guy a lot less stress is to draft a proper written agreement between us that will be mutually agreed.

Pleased to also report that during this informal meeting when the £1000 issue was raised again to which I gave my usual repetitious response, to which he also finally agreed to finish making good his work on my meter installation.

Once again I found myself for the THIRD time pointing out contrary to the Wall Street gossip rumours that I've always actively encouraged residents to contribute towards the upgrade if they are happy with the end result of the work and what they are getting in exchange for their £1000 and is a matter for individual households to decide upon. As all residents know my only issue was with him finishing the work on making good my meter pit and boundary as agreed if that's done then I'm happy to part with my hard earned, it seems fair to me.

Readers of the blog and residents know I've always said that in my opinon his updating of the pipework to our doors and fitting of meters to help with fair billing was always a good offer and extremely good value for money £1000 for a new modern pipe right to our doors, pressure tested and with a meter fitted is very affordable and reasonable if you compare it to Veolia's original cost projections per household. Lets hope now its not mentioned EVER again!

So after this and some light at the end of the tunnel being glimpsed in the form of Guy's letter of response to Frank's questions, Andy Haynes and I later started to put together a draft agreement for all resident's approval before we present it to Guy.

We'll be distributing our first draft to all landward L.O.S. residents for approval/comments asap.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment