Monday 23 August 2010

Water Pipe - Self Laying Rules

I've found this document that appears to go through the regulations that we need to follow if we are going to lay the new water supply pipe ourselves. Its a pretty involved document, and I'll be getting my head around it this week between my 9-6 work and house building committments.

http://www.deevalleywater.co.uk/article_files/90/english/Self_Lay_Policy.PDF

We need to understand all the technical details in this document whatever we do.

Here's Anglian Water's version of the same thing - all based on British Standards all water companies adhere to:
http://www.anglianwater.co.uk/_assets/media/Guidance-notes-for-self-lay-water-mains-services.pdf

Which reminds me - I'm still trying to find a phone number for "Bond's" - I've looked online and can't find anything - if nobody knows the number, I do have a vague idea where they are now, so if by the end of the week I can't find a phone number I'll go into the village and knock on a few doors until I find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment