Friday 20 August 2010

Who exactly was running the pump ?

I realised today I'd been lied to for a whole year about who was actually ultimately responsible for the bills on the Sewage.

The person I thought was doing it was really just the money collector. I feel really betrayed after all the conversations I had with certain individuals - for an entire year!

This makes me think even more that we can't go on having people in charge of the system who can't "come clean" on all the accounts or be honest with people when in discussions, casual or otherwise - I've decided from my own perspective - they will need to now substantiate their sums by proving everything in relation to bills, maintenance and expenditure.

I'm not giving money to anyone I can't trust without a paper trail to prove it from now. It sounds like I've been paying through the nose for mistakes made by the pump management before I moved into the road - It would seem that my contributions have footed the bill for the pump bought a couple of years ago.

It makes the arguments over £40 almost 8 years ago seem quite trivial in comparison.

As I keep saying we'd pay the same amount for commercial sewage service in a town. (approx £150 p.a. - Last year's bill for sewage for Lee-Over-Sands Wall Street residents was approx £140 for a year in total).

Whatever happens - Given this realization - I'd advise everyone in the street to demand an itemised bill before paying anything to anyone - whoever is in charge - it all needs to be transparently accountable... no more slips of paper with only "You owe £55 this period" and no explaination of why, or copies of bills paid during that period.

This is a key point that was our main issue - more transparency. Whatever happens - we need accountability - its only fair to all residents who contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment